In the Kayanza province coffee producers are trained in sustainable coffee production. In particular they will be :
- trained in setting up cooperatives
- trained in increasing productivity of their coffee trees
- helped in improving the overall quality of their coffee, from production to marketing
- trained in the sustainable maintenance of coffee plantations
- linked with buyers specialized in international coffee trading
FH has already supported more than 600 coffee growers in the creation of two cooperatives, active now since 3 years. Due to the success of this pilot project, FH will spread its support to 5 new ones. Thus, 7 self-managed cooperatives of coffee growers will be in place at the end of the 3 year project.